At www.mta.me, Conductor turns the New York subway system into an interactive string instrument. Using the MTA's actual subway schedule, the piece begins in realtime by spawning trains which departed in the last minute, then continues accelerating through a 24 hour loop. The visuals are based on Massimo Vignelli's 1972 diagram.Read more – ‘Conductor: mta.me’.
I am currently living in Brooklyn, NY, working at Google Creative Lab. Read more
- Baroque.me: Bach Cello Suites No. 1, Prelude
- Baroque.me explores a new way to visualize the first Prelude from Bach's Cello Suites. Using the mathematical relationship between string length and pitch, it came from a simple idea: what if all the notes were drawn as strings? Instead of a stream of classical notation on a page, this interactive project highlights the music's underlying structure and subtle shifts. Read more – ‘Baroque.me: Bach Cello Suites No. 1, Prelude’.
- Folk Music and the Les Paul Doodle
- Google guitar doodle recording photos
- The Google doodle celebrating Les Paul is live today! I recorded the guitar sounds for it a while back in my apartment. Took some quick photos while I was doing it. Read more – ‘Google guitar doodle recording photos’.